Dover, Delaware (DE) - Civil Service Jobs & Employment
Dover, (DE) - Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment. There are a number of federal agencies now hiring in the Dover area and other nearby communities in Delaware. The positions now available include both blue collar and white collar type jobs. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Applications from the public are being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
104 Open Federal Positions (Average number of federal civil service vacancies announced in a typical week for the Dover area or located within 25 miles.)
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES: Below are some of the federal agencies now actively hiring (or projected to begin recruiting) in Dover and within the state of Delaware. Use the links below for detailed information about current job opportunities with specific federal agencies and to apply online.
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations