Civil Service Jobs - United States Space Force
Federal Civil Service Jobs & Employment with the United States Space Force: Our newest branch of military service, the United States Space Force is aggressively searching for and hiring people for civil service jobs at locations across the United States. Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of occupation work group categories. Applications from the public are now being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
Civil Service Careers with the U.S. Space Force: The new United States Space Force has hundreds of career opportunities for civilians. "With its approval in December 2019, the U.S. Space Force (USSF) became the newest branch of the United States military. Its mission brings together both military and civilian assets to maintain and enhance the competitive edge of the Department of Defense, with a singular focus on protecting our interest and security in space."
"As the Space Force takes shape, the Air Force Civilian Service is recruiting the brightest civilian minds in science, technology, aerospace, and engineering to help forge its future. These opportunities cover many occupational specialties. Incredible opportunities await talented and ambitious professionals who can contribute to this vital new branch of our military. We currently have dozens of jobs that need to be filled. Get details and start the application process.
Benefits: Excellent pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the Space Force. The Space Force offers numerous benefits and special programs. Federal civil servants receive a salary that is competitive with those in private industry. The federal government offers civil service employees a portable retirement plan with government matching contributions. In addition, federal civil servants receive affordable insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life.
In-depth Information - Apply Online: For more in-depth information about the U.S. Space Force and a current list of employment opportunities go to: https://afciviliancareers.com/space-force/
Civil Service Employment Opportunities with U.S. Space Force Organizations
(co-located with U.S. Air Force organizations)
- Buckley Space Force Base Aurora Colorado
- Cape Canaveral Space Force Station Cocoa Beach, Florida
- Los Angeles Air Force Base California
- Patrick Space Force Base Cocoa Beach, Florida
- Peterson Space Force Base Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Schriever Space Force Base Colorado
- Vandenberg Space Force Base California
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations
Photos and quotes are from the U.S. Space Force public website. Photos are public domain downloads.