Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Patrick Air Force Base (AFB) Florida
Civil Service Jobs and Employment at Patrick Air Force Base (AFB) Florida. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Patrick AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Patrick AFB include:
- 45th Space Wing (45 SW)
- 45th Medical Group
- Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Office of Aviation
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Disposition Services
- 920th Rescue Wing, Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC)
- Defense Equality Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI)
- Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
Patrick AFB is home to the 45th Space Wing with over 13,000 military, civilian and contractor personnel who support the launch of U.S. government and commercial satellites from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) on the U.S. Eastern Range. The Eastern Range is a 15-million-square-mile area which supports approximately 15 to 20 launches per year.
Patrick Air Force Base and the 45th Space Wing conducts launch operations and support at Cape Canaveral AFS. This support includes ballistic missile test launches, aircraft tests, manned civil space launch operations, and commercial spacelift operations.
The operations at Patrick AFB indirectly create approximately 4,000 jobs annually valued at $182 million. Annual defense expenditures for the 45th Space Wing total $384 million.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Patrick AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: