Government Jobs - National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. NASA is actively hiring new people for civil service jobs at locations across the United States. Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties.
NASA Job Locations across the United States:
Hiring Needs within the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. "NASA is far more than just astronauts. NASA employs engineers, information technology specialists, scientists, human resources specialists, accountants, administrative specialists, technicians, plus many other types of professionals." Some examples of these NASA occupations include:
Applications from the public are now being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required. NASA career opportunities feature competitive salaries, the potential for performance-based increases, flexible hours, and the ability to achieve and maintain a balanced lifestyle.
Benefits for National Aeronautics and Space Administration: Excellent pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for NASA. NASA offers numerous benefits and special programs. Federal civil servants receive a salary that is competitive with those in private industry. The federal government offers civil service employees a portable retirement plan with government matching contributions. In addition, federal civil servants receive affordable insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life.
Employment Requirements: All applicants must meet certain conditions of employment to be eligible for employment at NASA. These employment requirements include:
- U.S. citizenship and age verification
- Successfully passing federal Background Investigation (if required)
- Medical and Physical Examination (if required)
In-depth Information about civil service career opportunities with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. For more in-depth information about NASA and a current list of employment opportunities go to: https://www.nasa.gov/ also civilian career information.
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations and Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Jobs.
View a detailed list of the major categories of civilian jobs for the federal government. This list includes the federal occupational groups and the specific series within each group.
Note: Photos courtesy of National Aeronautics and Space Administration's website public domain photo downloads.