Government Jobs - Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). FDIC is actively hiring new people for civil service jobs at locations across the United States. Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties.
About the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: "FDIC is an independent agency created by Congress to maintain stability and public confidence in the nation's financial system." "FDIC insures deposits; examines and supervises financial institutions for safety, soundness, and consumer protection; makes large and complex financial institutions resolvable; and manages receiverships."
Hiring Needs with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. FDIC is currently seeking qualified applicants for numerous positions. Applicants must be U.S. Citizens. Examples of careers and positions currently available (or anticipated to be soon available) with FDIC include:
Applications from the public are now being accepted. FDIC career opportunities feature competitive starting salaries and the potential for performance-based increases, flexible hours, and the ability to achieve and maintain a balanced lifestyle.
Benefits for Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Employees. Excellent pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the FDIC. Government employment offers numerous benefits and special programs. Federal civil servants receive a salary that is competitive with those in private industry. The federal government offers civil service employees a portable retirement plan with government matching contributions. In addition, federal civil servants receive affordable insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life.
Employment Requirements. All applicants must meet the certain conditions of employment to be eligible for employment with FDIC. These employment requirements include:
- U.S. citizenship and age verification
- Successfully passing a federal background investigation (if required)
Apply online for civil service career positions with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. For the most current list of employment opportunities with the FDIC and to apply online, go to: https://www.fdic.gov/ also Career Opportunities with FDIC.
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations and Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Jobs.
View a detailed list of the major categories of civilian jobs for the federal government. This list includes the federal occupational groups and the specific series within each group.
Note: Photos and quotes are from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's website. Photos are public domain, nonproprietary downloads.