Government Jobs - Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment with the Department of Veteran Affairs. The VA is actively hiring new people for civil service jobs at locations across the United States and worldwide. Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Applications from the public are now being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
Careers with the Department of Veteran Affairs
The VA has thousands of career opportunities for civilians. The VA is the nation's largest health care system. There are job opportunities in every state at hundreds of locations nationwide. The VA hires people from a wide array of backgrounds and job skills. In addition to healthcare professionals, the VA is looking for people with countless other types of job skills. Both experienced and entry level positions are available.
Excellent pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the VA. The VA offers numerous benefits and special programs. Federal civil servants receive a salary that is competitive with those in private industry. The federal government offers civil service employees a portable retirement plan with government matching contributions. In addition, federal civil servants receive affordable insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life.
The work that the Department of Veteran Affairs does affects our nation and the lives of our veterans. Working for the VA is a challenging, but very rewarding career!
In-depth Information about civil service career opportunities with the Department of Veteran Affairs. For more in-depth information about the VA and a current list of employment opportunities go to: https://www.va.gov/
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations and Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Jobs.
View a detailed list of the major categories of civilian jobs for the federal government. This list includes the federal occupational groups and the specific series within each group.