Government Jobs - Department of Interior (DOI)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment with the Department of Interior (DOI). The DOI is actively hiring new people for civil service jobs at locations across the United States and worldwide. Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Applications from the public are now being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
Careers with the Department of Interior
"DOI conserves and manages our nation’s natural resources and cultural heritage for the benefit and enjoyment of the American people. DOI provides scientific and other information about natural resources and natural hazards to address societal challenges and create opportunities for the American people. DOI honors our nation’s trust responsibilities or special commitments to American Indians, Alaska Natives, and affiliated island communities to help them prosper."
Currently, DHS employs people in over various 300 occupations and skill categories. There are hundreds of career opportunities for civilians at locations all across the United States.
Excellent pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the Department of Interior. DOI offers numerous benefits and special programs. Federal civil servants receive a salary that is competitive with those in private industry. The federal government offers civil service employees a portable retirement plan with government matching contributions. In addition, federal civil servants receive affordable insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life.
DOI is actively looking for "innovators, leaders, and critical thinkers." DOI employees have passion for protecting, serving, and celebrating our Nation’s Great Outdoors, Culture and Heritage, and Natural Resources. Working for the Department of Interior is a rewarding and fun job!
In-depth information and a list of current civil service positions available with the Department of Interior go to: https://www.doi.gov/careers/
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations and Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Jobs.
View a detailed list of the major categories of civilian jobs for the federal government. This list includes the federal occupational groups and the specific series within each group.