Government Jobs - Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC). FLTEC provides "career-long training to law enforcement professionals to help them fulfill their responsibilities safely and proficiently. Over the past 49 years, FLETC has grown into the the United States' largest provider of law enforcement training."
FLETC is actively hiring new people for civil service jobs at locations across the United States. Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Applications from the public are now being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
Careers with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
FLETC provides training in areas common to all law enforcement officers, such as firearms, driving, tactics, investigations, and legal training. FLETC has numerous career opportunities for civilians at locations all across the United States.
Excellent pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers. FLETC offers numerous benefits and special programs. Federal civil servants receive a salary that is competitive with those in private industry. The federal government offers civil service employees a portable retirement plan with government matching contributions. In addition, federal civil servants receive affordable insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life.
It takes the combined efforts of the entire FLETC workforce to keep our nation strong and secure. Working for FLETC and the Department of Homeland Security is a challenging, but rewarding career!
Other Federal Agencies within the Department of Homeland Security that Are Now Hiring
- DHS Management Directorate
- DHS Science and Technology Directorate
- DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis
- DHS Office of Operations Coordination
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- United States Secret Service (USSS)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD)
- Glynco (Glynn County / Brunswick), GA
- Artesia, NM
- Charleston, SC
- Cheltenham, MD
- Washington, D.C.
In-depth Information about civil service career opportunities with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers. For more in-depth information about the FLETC and a current list of employment opportunities go to: https://www.fletc.gov/
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations and Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Jobs.
View a detailed list of the major categories of civilian jobs for the federal government. This list includes the federal occupational groups and the specific series within each group.