Government Jobs - Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment - with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA is actively hiring new people at locations across the United States. Qualifications and experience levels for these positions will vary greatly.
Civil service job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Applications from the public for these positions are now being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
Careers with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
The FAA has career opportunities in air traffic control, engineering, safety and security, acquisition, government contracting, or information technologies (to name just a few).
FAA employees work with next-generation technology in a variety of locations throughout the United States. The FAA is tasked with ensuring the safety and efficiency of air travel across the nation. As such, it is crucial for the FAA to recruit and maintain a workforce possessing a wide variety of job skills and perspectives.
The work that the FAA does affects our entire nation and even the entire globe. It takes the combined efforts of the FAA's aviation, business, technical, safety, and maintenance professionals to keep civil aviation moving every minute of the day, year round. Working for the FAA is a challenging, but very rewarding career!
In-depth Information about the FAA. For more information about the FAA and its current list of employment opportunities go to: https://www.faa.gov/
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations and Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Jobs.
View a detailed list of the major categories of civilian jobs for the federal government. This list includes the federal occupational groups and the specific series within each group.