Civil Service Government Jobs - St. Louis, Missouri (MO)
Federal Civil Service | Government Jobs & Employment in the St. Louis, Missouri (MO) area. There are a number of federal agencies now hiring in the St. Louis area and within the state of Missouri. The positions now available include both blue collar and white collar type jobs. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Applications from the public are being accepted. In most instances, U.S. citizenship is required.
67 Open Federal Positions
(Average number of federal civil service vacancies announced in a typical week for the St. Louis, Missouri area.)
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES: Below are some of the federal agencies now actively hiring (or projected to begin recruiting) in St. Louis and across Missouri. For detailed information about specific job opportunities and to apply, click on the links below.
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations