Maxwell AFB - Small Business Contracting Information and Assistance
Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB) - Business contracting assistance and new business opportunities at Maxwell AFB. Numerous opportunities for suppliers and vendors to support prime defense contractors working at Maxwell AFB. Compilation of the most common products, types of materials, and specialized services procured by the contracting office at Maxwell AFB. Also provided on this web page are points of contact for small businesses wanting to do business with Maxwell AFB.
Download our helpful Defense Contracting Guidebooks:
The 42nd Air Base Wing (ABW) is Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base's host unit. In this capacity, the 42nd ABW provides the base and its personnel with numerous mission support functions such as: contracting, security, civil engineering, medical services, airfield operations, communications, transportation, logistics, supply, and fuels.
The responsibilities of the 42nd ABW include providing support to organizations located at Gunter Air Station (located about 5 miles northeast of Maxwell AFB). Maxwell AFB is home to a number of Air Force units and a diverse array of more than 40 Department of Defense (DoD) tenant organizations.
Maxwell-Gunter AFB is located
in Montgomery, Alabama.
The largest tenant organization at Maxwell AFB is Air University. Air University is the Air Force's center for professional military education. Air University administers numerous professional military education schools and both undergraduate and postgraduate institutions. Air University also conducts pre-commissioning training and professional continuing education for officers, enlisted and civilian personnel. Air University sponsors ongoing aerospace and leadership related research. Other noteworthy educational programs at Air University are its citizenship programs and the development and testing of aerospace doctrine and strategy.
There are over 12,500 active-duty, reserve, civilian, and contractor personnel at the Maxwell-Gunter military complex. The Maxwell-Gunter military complex has an annual military economic impact of $2.6 billion. Contracting support for Maxwell AFB is provided by the 42nd Contracting Squadron (42 CONS). A significant percentage of the contracts awarded and administered by the 42 CONS is directed to small businesses. In addition to these small business set-aside contracts, small businesses can also find many opportunities at Maxwell-Gunter serving as subcontractors and supplier vendors to prime government contractors.
Maxwell AFB - Gunter AS Organizations and DoD Tenant Units
- 42nd Air Base Wing (42 ABW)
- 908th Airlift Wing (908 AW)
- Air University
- Carl A. Spaatz Center for Officer Education
- Air War College (AWC)
- Air Command and Staff College (ACSC)
- Squadron Officer College (SOC)
- Squadron Officer School (SOS)
- International Officer School
- Defense Financial Management and Comptroller School
- Commanders' Professional Development School
- Air Force Personnel Professional Development School
- Air Force Chaplain Corps College
- Jeanne M. Holm Center for Officer Accessions Citizen Development
- Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Officer Training School (OTS)
- Civil Air Patrol (CAP)
- Curtis E. LeMay Center for Doctrine Development and Education
- School of Advanced Air and Space Studies
- Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center (Library)
- Thomas N. Barnes Center for Enlisted Education
- Air Force Senior NCO Academy
- Air Force Career Development Academy
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- Air Force First Sergeant Academy
- Air Force Enlisted Heritage Research Institute
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- Air Force Research Institute (AFRI)
- Air Force Space Command (AFSC) detached unit
- Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) detached unit
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) detached unit
Maxwell AFB - official website: http://www.maxwell.af.mil/
Maxwell AFB - telephone directory: http://www.maxwell.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=12838
Maxwell AFB - base operator: Phone (334) 953-1110
Gunter Air Station - base operator: Phone (334) 416-1110
Maxwell AFB Contracting Office
42nd Contracting Squadron (42 CONS)
50 LeMay Plaza South
Maxwell AFB, Alabama 36112-6334
Additional Resources for Small Businesses:
New Business Opportunities at Military Bases across the United States
(Air Force * Army * Navy * Marine Corps * Department of Defense)
What types of products and services are procured by Maxwell AFB?
We have compiled a master list of the types of products and services that are routinely purchased commercially (or contracted for) by this Air Force installation and other defense organizations. View Master List
The Wait Can Be Long!
|What Do Military Bases Purchase?
Master list of products, materials, equipment, and services routinely purchased by military bases and DoD organizations.
|Doing Business at Military Bases
Small business opportunities and points of contact at military bases and DoD agencies across the United States.
Detailed step-by-step guidance for becoming a successful subcontractor or supplier to prime defense contractors.