Civil Service Employment - Grand Forks Air Force Base (AFB) North Dakota
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Grand Forks Air Force Base (AFB) North Dakota. There are frequent civilian employment opportunities at Grand Forks AFB. These civil service jobs provide support for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, and military personnel.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Grand Forks AFB include:
- 319th Air Base Wing (319 ABW)
- 319th Medical Group (Medical facilities and clinics on-base)
- The 69th Reconnaissance Group
- 119th Wing - North Dakota Air National Guard
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
These civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations