Civil Service Employment - Fort Johnson (formerly Fort Polk) U.S. Army, Louisiana
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Fort Johnson (formerly Fort Polk) U.S. Army, Louisiana. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Fort Johnson. These civil service jobs provide support for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, and military personnel. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Fort Johnson include:
- Headquarters, US Army Garrison, Fort Johnson
- 115th Corps Support Hospital (CSH)
- Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) Operations Group
- 5th Aviation Battalion
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations