Civil Service Employment - Fort Devens (U.S. Army), Massachusetts
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Fort Devens (U.S. Army) Massachusetts. There are frequent civilian employment opportunities at Fort Devens. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
These civil service jobs provide support services for Fort Devens base operations, training programs, and military personnel. Qualified job candidates are encouraged to apply.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Fort Devens include:
- United States Army Security Agency Training Center and School
- Connolly Armed Forces Reserve Center
- 395th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion
- 77th Sustainment Brigade
- 804th Medical Brigade - medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- First Army East
- 3rd Battalion (Logistical Support Battalion)
- 2nd Battalion (Training Support Battalion)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations