Civil Service Employment - Fort Moore (formerly Fort Benning), Columbus Georgia
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Fort Moore (formerly Fort Benning) - U.S. Army, Columbus Georgia. Current civil service employment opportunities exist at Fort Moore. These civil service jobs provide support for U.S. Army operations, training programs, and military personnel.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Fort Moore. The following U.S. Army organizations and other federal agencies are now hiring at Fort Moore (or projected to begin hiring in the near-term):
- Army Research Institute
- Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (WHINSEC)
- U.S. Army TACOM Fleet Management Expansion (FMX)
- Fort Moore Logistics Readiness Center (LRC)
- 14th Combat Support Hospital
- General Services Administration (GSA) at Fort Benning
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army - Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Mission and Installation Contracting Command at Fort Benning
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations