Civil Service Employment - Fort Belvoir (U.S. Army), Virginia
Civil Service Jobs & Employment at Fort Belvoir (U.S. Army), Virginia. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Fort Belvoir. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or may hire in the near term) at Fort Belvoir include:
- Defense Health Agency
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Armed Forces Retirement Home Services
- Army Installation Management Command
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Department of Defense Education Activity
These civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense operations, training programs, and military personnel. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED and HIRED?
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations