Civil Service Employment - Fairchild Air Force Base (AFB), Washington
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Fairchild Air Force Base, (AFB) Washington. Civil service employment opportunities providing support for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, and military personnel.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
There are frequent civilian employment opportunities at Fairchild AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Fairchild AFB include:
- 92nd Air Refueling Wing (92 ARW)
- 141st Air Refueling Wing - Washington Air National Guard (ANG)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- DLA Disposition Services
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations