Civil Service Employment - Eglin Air Force Base (AFB), Florida
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Eglin Air Force Base (AFB), Florida. Civil service employment opportunities providing support services for base operations, training programs, and military personnel.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Eglin AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or expected to have civil service openings in the near future) at Eglin AFB include:
- 96th Test Wing (96th TW)
- 53rd Wing
- Air Force Armament Directorate
- Air Force Research Laboratory Munitions Directorate (AFRL/MN)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- 919th Special Operations Wing (919 SOW)
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations