Civil Service Employment - Charleston Air Force Base (AFB), South Carolina
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Charleston Air Force Base (AFB), South Carolina. On-base civil service positions providing support for Air Force operations, training programs, and military personnel.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
Military units and federal agencies at Charleston AFB are now hiring (or projected to hire in the coming months). These units and agencies include:
- Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC)
- 628th Air Base Wing (628 ABW)
- 437th Airlift Wing (437 AW)
- 315th Airlift Wing (315 AW)
- Air Mobility Command (AMC)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations