Civil Service Employment - Barksdale Air Force Base (AFB) Louisiana
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Barksdale Air Force Base (AFB), Louisiana. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Barksdale AFB. These civil service jobs provide support for Air Force operations, training programs, and military personnel.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED and HIRED?
Organizations and military units now hiring (or may hire in the near term) at Barksdale AFB:
- Air Force Materiel Command
- Air Force Personnel Center
- Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC)
- Base contracting office
- On-base medical facilities and clinics
- Veterans Health Administration
- Air Force Reserve Command
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations