Civil Service Employment - Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) Maryland
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) - U.S. Army, Maryland. Numerous civilian employment opportunities at Aberdeen Proving Ground. Positions are available for job candidates with various skills and experience.
Applications from the public are being accepted. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED and HIRED?
There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Aberdeen Proving Ground. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or may hire in the near term) at APG include:
- U.S. Army Forces Command
- Army Installation Management Command
- U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command
- U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command
- U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
These civil service jobs provide support for U.S. Army operations, military personnel, and their families. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations