Fort Rucker - Small Business Contracting Information and Assistance
Fort Rucker (U.S. Army) - Small business contracting information, upcoming procurement requirements, and new business opportunities at Ft Rucker and with U.S. Army Aviation. Subcontracting business opportunities as vendors and suppliers to prime government contractors supporting operations at Ft Rucker. Information about the types of products, equipment, materials, and services procured to support this Army installation. Helpful points of contact and assistance with doing business at Fort Rucker.
Download our helpful Defense Contracting Guidebooks:
Fort Rucker is the U.S. Army's Aviation Center for Excellence. The U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence trains, educates and develops Army Aviation professionals. The Center also integrates Army Aviation capabilities across the full spectrum of warfighting functions in support of the operational commanders and soldiers on the ground.
Ft Rucker is home to three Army aviation brigades (the 1st, 110th, and 128th Aviation Brigades). At Ft Rucker there are Department of the Army Field Operating Agencies and several Aviation Center for Excellence directorates.
Ft Rucker has a number of tenant units and Department of Defense / U.S. Army organizations. These organizations are multi-command and multi-service. Fort Rucker's workforce consists of more than 5,000 military personnel and over 7,000 federal civilians and government contractor employees.
The economic activity at Ft Rucker is large and diverse. Ft Rucker has a significant impact on the economy of southeast Alabama and the surrounding region. Approximately $1.2 billion is generated annually from government contracts for services, products, equipment, and support for organizations and agencies at Fort Rucker.
Military Units and Defense Organizations at Ft Rucker
- U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence (Ft Rucker)
- 1st Aviation Brigade
- 110th Aviation Brigade
- 128th Aviation Brigade
- Aviation Directorates
- Directorate of Evaluations and Standards (DES)
- Directorate of Simulation (DS)
- Directorate of Training and Doctrine (DTD)
- Directorate of Futures and Integration (DFI)
- Directorate of Capability Development and Integration (DCDI)
- Directorate of Capabilities and Requirements (DCR)
- U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC)
- TRADOC Capability Manager for Future Vertical Lift
- TRADOC Capability Manager for Lift
- TRADOC Capability Manager for Reconnaissance / Attack
- TRADOC Capability Manager for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Noncommissioned Officers Academy
- U.S. Army Garrison Fort Rucker
- 164th Theater Airfield Operations Group (164th TAOG)
- 23rd Flying Squadron - Air Education and Training Command (AETC) U.S. Air Force
- Air Traffic Services Command (ATSCOM)
- Army Research Institute Rotary-Wing Aviation Research Unit (RWARU)
- Aviation Center Logistics Command (ACLC)
- Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC)
- Logistics Readiness Center (LRC)
- Lyster Army Health Clinic (LAHC)
- Medical Evacuation Proponency Division - U.S. Army Medical Department (AMEDD)
- Mission Installation Contracting Command (MICC ICO-Fort Rucker)
- Ft Rucker - Network Enterprise Center (NEC)
- U.S. Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory (USAARL)
- U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (USACRC)
- U.S. Army Dental Clinic Command
- U.S. Army School of Aviation Medicine (USASAM)
- U.S. Army Warrant Officer Career College
Fort Rucker - official website: http://www.rucker.army.mil/
Fort Rucker - base operator: (334) 255-1110
Small Business Opportunities and Set-Aside Contracts at Fort Rucker:
Each year, there are hundreds of new government contracting opportunities for small businesses at Fort Rucker. The Ft Rucker contracting office purchases approximately $1.2 billion via contracts and micro purchases for services, products, equipment, and support for organizations and agencies located at or supporting this Army installation. Tens of millions of dollars in contractual is set-aside for small businesses. There are also hundreds of opportunities for small businesses who are able to partner with large prime contractors as subcontractors or as suppliers.
Additional Resources for Small Businesses:
Ft Rucker Contracting Office:
Mission Installation Contracting Command (MICC ICO-Fort Rucker)
Installation Contracting Office
Bldg 5700, Room 373A
Ft. Rucker, AL 36362
Telephone: (334) 255-3141
Types of products and services commonly purchased by Fort Rucker, the Army Aviation Center of Excellence and other military organizations and bases: (View Master List)
The Wait Can Be Long!
|What Do Military Bases Purchase?
Master list of products, materials, equipment, and services routinely purchased by military bases and DoD organizations.
|Doing Business at Military Bases
Small business opportunities and points of contact at military bases and DoD agencies across the United States.
Detailed step-by-step guidance for becoming a successful subcontractor or supplier to prime defense contractors.