Fort Lee - Small Business Contracting Information and Assistance
Fort Lee (U.S. Army) - Small business contracting information and base procurement assistance. Base operating support requirements listing the types of specialized products and services routinely procured from commercial sources. Insight regarding new business opportunities and subcontracting opportunities with prime defense contractors at Ft Lee. Also, list of points of contact and telephone directory for Army and DoD organizations stationed at Fort Lee.
Download our helpful Defense Contracting Guidebooks:
Fort Lee is the U.S. Army's Sustainment Center for Excellence. Military organizations at Fort Lee train military and civilian personnel in the disciplines of supply, systems maintenance, subsistence, munitions, and transportation. Fort Lee is the U.S. Army's third largest training installation.
Fort Lee is home to Headquarters, U.S. Army Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM), the U.S. Army Transportation School, the Army Logistics University (ALU), the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, the U.S. Army Ordnance School, the U.S. Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA), and the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
Fort Lee has a permanent population of approximately 80,000 (not including family members of military personnel):
- 67,400 students (temporary personnel)
- 4,694 permanent on-site military personnel
- 5,253 Department of Defense civil service personnel and other Federal civilians
- 2,799 on‐site government contractors
Fort Lee Economic Impact:
Ft Lee has a large, ongoing economic impact on the Petersburg, Virginia area. It is estimated that Ft Lee has an annual economic output of $2.4 billion. This number includes both direct and indirect spending at Ft Lee plus government contracts for services, products, equipment, and support for organizations and agencies at Fort Lee.
Military Units and Defense Organizations at Ft Lee
- Headquarters, U.S. Army Combined Arms Support Command (CASCOM)
- U.S. Army Transportation School
- Army Logistics University (ALU)
- 23rd Quartermaster Brigade
- 71st Transportation Battalion
- 59th Ordnance Brigade
- U.S. Army Quartermaster School
- U.S. Army Ordnance School
- U.S. Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Global Combat Support System (GCSS)
- 12th Military Police Detachment (CID)
- Humanitarian Demining Training Center (HDTC)
- Marine Detachment Fort Lee (Weapons Training Battalion)
- 345th Air Force Training Center (345 AFTC)
- Network Enterprise Center (NEC)
- Software Engineering Center at Fort Lee
- Kenner Army Health Clinic
Fort Lee - official website: http://www.lee.army.mil/
Fort Lee - base operator: (804) 765-3000
Small Business Opportunities and Set-Aside Contracts at Fort Lee:
Each year at Fort Lee, there are hundreds of defense contracting opportunities for small businesses. A recent government analysis indicates that Fort Lee generates an annual economic impact of $2.4 billion. This number includes salaries, purchases by base personnel, and government contracts (and micro purchases) for services, products, and equipment. These government contracts includes tens of millions of dollars in "set-aside contracts" for small businesses.
Additional Resources for Small Businesses:
Fort Lee Contracting Office:
Mission Installation Contracting Command (MICC ICO-Fort Lee)
Installation Contracting Office
1830 Quartermaster Road, Bldg 7124
Fort Lee, Virginia 23801-1606
Telephones: (804) 734-4802 / (804) 734-3832 / (804) 765-7597
What types of products and services are procured by Fort Lee?
We have compiled a master list of the types of products and services that are routinely
procured commercially (or contracted for) by this defense installation and other military
bases and DoD organizations. View Master List