Fort Detrick - Small Business Contracting Information and Assistance
Fort Detrick (U.S. Army) - Small business opportunities and defense contracting information. Current procurement support requirements at Fort Detrick (materiel, products, parts, equipment, and specialized services). Also, overview of subcontracting and supplier / vendor opportunities with prime defense contractors. Points of contact U.S. Army and DoD organizations located at Fort Detrick.
Download our helpful Defense Contracting Guidebooks:
Fort Detrick is home to the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC). At Fort Detrick, the U.S. Army and other Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal agencies conduct biomedical research, medical materiel management (medical logistics), and global medical communications.
Other important DoD and Federal agencies at Fort Detrick are the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), the National Cancer Institute-Frederick and the National Interagency Confederation for Biological Research (NICBR).
Fort Detrick has nearly 8,000 military, federal civilians, and contractor personnel working on-base. In addition to DoD, the other major Federal agencies with organizations on-base include: Department of Homeland Security, Department of Agriculture, and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Organizations and Units at Fort Detrick:
- U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC)
- U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency (USAMMA)
- U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA)
- U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID)
- U.S. Army Center of Environmental Health Research (USACEHR)
- U.S. Army Garrison at Fort Detrick
- Air Force Surgeon General Medical Logistics (USAF/SGML)
- Air Force Medical Evaluation Support Activity (AFMESA)
- Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA)
- B Company, 4th Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion/Marine Corps (Co B 4thLAR)
- Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- Defense Contract Management Command (DCMC)
- Defense Health Agency: Medical Logistics (DHA MEDLOG)
- Joint Medical Logistics Functional Development Center (JMLFDC)
- National Center for Medical Intelligence
- National Interagency Biodefense Campus (NIBC)
- National Interagency Confederation for Biological Research (NICBR)
- Naval Medical Logistics Command (NMLC)
- Telemedicine & Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC)
- 6th Medical Logistics Management Center (6MLMC)
- 21st Signal Brigade
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The National Cancer Institute at Frederick (NCI-Frederick)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Foreign Disease Weed Science Research Unit (USDA - FDWSRU)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- National Bioforensic Analysis Center (NBFAC)
- National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center (NBACC)
Fort Detrick official website: http://www.detrick.army.mil/
Fort Detrick telephone directory: http://www.detrick.army.mil/phbook/phbook.pdf
Fort Meade base operator / locator: 301-619-8000
Small Business Opportunities and Set-Aside Contracts at Ft Detrick:
The DoD and Army organizations at Fort Detrick offer a vast array of exciting government contracting opportunities. These opportunities are for both large government contractors and small businesses. In addition, there are hundreds of millions of dollars in work set-aside exclusively for small business concerns. Also, there are hundreds of opportunities for small businesses who want to partner with prime government contractors as subcontractors and vendor/suppliers.
Contracting Support for Ft Detrick and co-located DoD and Federal agencies:
Contracting support for Fort Detrick is provided by several government contracting offices that handle the procurement requirements for the various on-base agencies and organizations.
820 Chandler Street
Frederick, Maryland 21702-5014
Phone: 301-619-4018 / 301-619-1352
700 Robbins Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111-5096
503 Robert Grant Ave.
Contracting Dept, Bldg 500
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
Phone: 301-319-9298 / 301-619-1329
What types of products and services are procured by Fort Detrick?
We have compiled a master list of the types of products and services that are routinely
procured commercially (or contracted for) by this defense installation and other military
bases and DoD organizations. View Master List
The Wait Can Be Long!
|What Do Military Bases Purchase?
Master list of products, materials, equipment, and services routinely purchased by military bases and DoD organizations.
|Doing Business at Military Bases
Small business opportunities and points of contact at military bases and DoD agencies across the United States.
Detailed step-by-step guidance for becoming a successful subcontractor or supplier to prime defense contractors.