Civil Service Employment - Offutt Air Force Base (AFB) Nebraska
Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Offutt Air Force Base (AFB) Nebraska. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Offutt AFB.
Applications from the public are being accepted.
Job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Qualified U.S. Citizens are encouraged to apply.
NEED HELP GETTING SELECTED?
A few of the on-site military units and defense agencies now hiring (or may hire in the near-term) at Offutt AFB include:
- 55th Wing (55 WG)
- 55th Medical Group
- Headquarters, United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Disposition Services
Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC)
- 557th Weather Wing (Air Force)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) - Omaha
The 55th Wing has an annual budget of over $477 million annually. It has approximately 7,000 employees (military and civilian workers).
Seven Keys to Getting Hired for a Federal Civil Service Position:
- Knowing how to find those position vacancies for which you are best qualified and most likely to be hired.
- Understanding how the federal civil service application and hiring process works (you must know the rules of the game!)
- Correctly setting up your own personal USAJOBS employment account.
- Knowing how to create a "high-scoring" federal resume (federal resumes are very different from corporate resumes.)
- Knowing which "Key Words" to use in your resume and application package.
- Knowing how to correctly answer "Supplemental Questions" required for many position applications.
- Knowing how to "ace" a federal job interview - it helps to know what to expect and how to prepare so you outshine the other candidates.
Categories of Federal Civil Service Occupations