Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Joint Base Andrews (JBA) Maryland
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Joint Base Andrews (JBA) Maryland. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Joint Base Andrews. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Joint Base Andrews include:
- Air Force District of Washington (AFDW)
- 11th Wing (Air Force)
- 320th Air Expeditionary Wing
- 79th Medical Wing
- 89th Airlift Wing
- 844th Communications Group
- 113th Wing (Air National Guard)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Air National Guard Readiness Center
- 459th Air Refueling Wing (Air Force Reserve Command)
- District of Columbia Air National Guard
- Naval Fleet Logistics Support Squadrons 1, 48, and 53 (Navy Reserve)
- Headquarters, National Guard Bureau
- Naval Air Facility Washington D.C.
- Naval Communications Security Material Systems
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Joint Base Andrews is home to the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW). AFDW provides support (manpower, personnel, legal, chaplain, finance, logistics, and safety) for designated Air Force activities located within the National Capital Region (NCR). This support is provided to approximately 40,000 Air Force military and civilian members working in the NCR.
On-base civil service jobs at Joint Base Andrews exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Joint Base Andrews and at other Department of Defense installations: