Charleston AFB - Small Business Contracting Information and Assistance
Charleston Air Force Base (AFB) - Base contracting information and guidance for doing business with Charleston AFB. This web page includes insight regarding subcontracting opportunities with prime defense contractors supporting projects at Charleston AFB. There is also a master list of requirements for products, equipment, and services needed to support the 628th Air Base Wing and the full spectrum of activities at Charleston AFB.
Download our helpful Defense Contracting Guidebooks:
Charleston AFB is the Air Force component of Joint Base Charleston. The largest units at this base are the 628th Air Base Wing, the 437th Airlift Wing, and the 315th Airlift Wing. The joint base's naval component is Naval Weapons Station Charleston.
Charleston AFB is home to over 60 Department of Defense (DoD) and federal agencies. There is a total population of nearly 90,000 people at Joint Base Charleston which includes: Airmen, Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, Coast Guardsmen, federal civilians, military dependents and retirees living in the area.
Charleston Air Force Base is located in southeast
South Carolina about 5 miles north of Charleston.
Joint Base Charleston Organizations and Tenant Units
- 628th Air Base Wing (628 ABW)
- 437th Airlift Wing (437 AW)
- 315th Airlift Wing (315 AW)
- Naval Support Activity Charleston
- Nuclear Power Training Unit
- Naval Nuclear Power Training Command
- Naval Health Clinic Charleston
- Naval Munitions Command
- Naval Consolidated Brig
- 841st Transportation Battalion
- Systems Center Atlantic (Navy)
- 1st Combat Camera Squadron
- 373rd Training Squadron, Detachment 5
- AFOSI Det 310 Office of Special Investigation
- Army Reserve Units (Joint Base Charleston)
- Army Strategic Logistics Activity - Charleston
- Civil Air Patrol (Coastal-Charleston Composite Squadron)
- Marine Corps Reserve Training Center
- Coast Guard Maritime Law Enforcement Academy
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Sector Charleston
- U.S. Department of Veterans (VA) Medical Center
Charleston AFB - official website: http://www.charleston.af.mil/
Charleston AFB - base locator: Phone 843-963-1110
Contracting Opportunities at Joint Base Charleston
Joint Base Charleston has over $7.5 billion in base property and capital assets. The annual budget for Joint Base Charleston exceeds $172 million. To sustain this large military complex, each year the 628th Contracting Squadron (CONS) awards millions of dollars in government contracts. A significant portion of these are set-aside for small businesses.
628th Contracting Squadron (CONS)
101 E. Hill Blvd.
Charleston AFB, SC 29404
Construction Requirements: 843-963-5170
Services or Commodities Requirements: 843-963-5156
Small Business Contracting at Joint Base Charleston
There is a wide range of opportunities for small businesses at Joint Base Charleston who would like to subcontract with large prime contractors on government contracts. Large prime defense contractors are required by federal law to partner with small businesses. Small business partnerships can take the form of subcontracting or being a vendor / supplier. For specific information about small business opportunities at Joint Base Charleston, contact a small business specialist at this base.
Small Business Specialist and Director of Business Opportunities: 843-963-3328
New Business Opportunities at Military Bases across the United States
(Air Force * Army * Navy * Marine Corps * Department of Defense)