Aberdeen Proving Ground - Small Business Contracting Information
Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) - U.S. Army. Base contracting information and small business assistance. An overview of current base support requirements to include types of materiel, products, parts, equipment, and specialized services procured by the contracting office at the Aberdeen Proving Ground. Also provided below is a list of points of contact and the telephone directory for DoD organizations stationed at APG.
Download our helpful Defense Contracting Guidebooks:
The Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) is the U.S. Army's prime site for conducting research, development, testing and evaluation of specialized materiel. APG supports training programs for mechanical maintenance, health and medicine, chemical and biological defense, chemical casualty care, and chemical weapons demilitarization.
Personnel working at APG perform research and development in the areas of military intelligence, medical research, engineering and computer technology.
APG has over 21,000 military, federal civil service, and defense contractor personnel. APG is one of Maryland's largest employers. APG's annual government contracts exceed $500 million. APG is home to 11 major commands and supports more than 80 tenants, 20 satellite and 17 private activities. APG also has National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve operations and training activities on-site.
Aberdeen Proving Ground official website: https://www.apg.army.mil/
20th CBRNE Command website: http://www.cbrne.army.mil/
Aberdeen - base operator / locator: 410-278-5201 / 410-306-1403
Units and Organizations at Aberdeen Proving Ground:
- Aberdeen Test Center (ATC)
- Army Evaluation Center (AEC)
- Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity (AMSAA)
- Army Research Laboratory (ARL)
- Communications Electronics Command (CECOM)
- Communications Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC)
- 1st Area Medical Laboratory (1st AML)
- 20th CBRNE Command (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, Explosives)
- 22nd Chemical Battalion
- Chemical Materials Activity (CMA)
- 203rd Military Intelligence Battalion
- 902nd Military Intelligence Detachment
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Disposition Services Field Office at Aberdeen
- Directorate of Public Works (DPW)
- Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC)
- Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD)
- Joint Project Manager for Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Contamination Avoidance (JPM NBC CA)
- Joint Test Element (JTE)
- Kirk U.S. Army Health Clinic (KUSAHC)
- Maryland Army National Guard (MDARNG)
- Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM)
- Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) Support Center-Aberdeen
- Veteran Administration Medical Center (VAMC - Aberdeen)
Contracting Support for Aberdeen Proving Ground:
Contracting support for the Aberdeen Proving Ground is provided by the Army Contracting Command (ACC) on-site contracting office. The Aberdeen Proving Ground's contracting office awards and administers government contracts and unit micro purchases for services, products, equipment, and support for organizations and agencies at this Army installation.
Contracting offices supporting Aberdeen Proving Ground:
ACC - APG (W91ZLK) Tenant Contracting Division
6001 Combat Drive
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21005-1846
Phones: 443-861-4752 / 443-861-4729 / 443-861-4863 / 443-861-4869
2800 Powder Mill Road
Adelphi, Maryland 20783-1197
Phones: 301-394-1615 / 301-394-3985
Small Business Opportunities and Set-Aside Contracts at the Aberdeen Proving Ground:
There are numerous new Army contracting opportunities for both large and small businesses with U.S. Army organizations and other federal agencies located at Aberdeen Proving Ground. Hundreds of millions of dollars in work are specifically set-aside for small businesses with contracts. In addition to these set-aside contracts, there are hundreds of opportunities for small businesses who are interested in partnering with large prime contractors as subcontractors or as vendor/suppliers.
Additional Resources for Small Businesses:
What types of products and services are procured by Aberdeen Proving Ground?
We have compiled a master list of the types of products and services that are routinely procured commercially (or contracted for) by this defense installation and other military bases and DoD organizations. View Master List