Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB) Ohio
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB). There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Wright-Patterson AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Wright-Patterson AFB include:
- Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC)
- Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC)
- Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Air Force Installation Contract Agency (AFICA)
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- Air Force Petroleum Agency (AFPA)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC)
- Air Force Security Assistance and Cooperation Directorate (AFSAC)
- 435th Supply Chain Operations Squadron (435 SCOS)
- 445th Airlift Wing (445 AW) Air Force Reserve Command
- 635th Supply Chain Management Group (635 SCMG OL-AD)
Wright-Patterson AFB is the U.S. Air Force's single largest defense contracting base with more than 27,000 military, civilian, and contractor employees. Wright-Patterson AFB is the single largest employer in the state of Ohio. The base is home to the Air Force Materiel Command, the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, the Air Force Research Laboratory, the National Air and Space Intelligence Center, the Air Force Institute of Technology, the National Museum of the United States Air Force, as well as over 100 other Air Force units and DoD agencies.
The 88th Air Base Wing is the host unit at Wright-Patterson AFB. The 88th ABW operates the base's airfield and maintains all base infrastructure. The 88th ABW also provides security, communications, medical, legal, personnel, finance, transportation, air traffic control, weather forecasting, public affairs, recreation and chaplain services for base personnel and on-site units.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and at other Department of Defense installations: