Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Whiteman Air Force Base (AFB), Missouri. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Whiteman AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Whiteman AFB include:
- 509th Bomb Wing (Air Force Global Strike Command)
- 131st Bomb Wing (Missouri Air National Guard)
- 442nd Fighter Wing (Air Force Reserve Command)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Maritime Expeditionary Security Force (MESF) Division 11 (U.S. Navy Reserve)
Whiteman AFB is home to the 509th Bomb Wing and the 131st Bomb Wing. Theses two wings operate and maintain the U.S. Air Force's entire B-2 stealth bomber fleet.
Also located at Whiteman AFB is the 442nd Fighter Wing. The 442nd FW is an Air Force Reserve Command unit that flies and maintains A-10 fighter aircraft. The 1st Battalion, 135th Aviation Regiment, a Missouri Army National Guard unit) is another tenant unit at Whiteman AFB. This unit flies and maintains the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter.
Whiteman AFB has approximately 3,800 active duty military personnel on-site and 902 civilian workers.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Whiteman Air Force Base and at other Department of Defense installations: