Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Tyndall Air Force Base (AFB) Florida
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Tyndall Air Force Base (AFB) Florida. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Tyndall AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Tyndall AFB include:
- 1st Air Force (AFNORTH)
- 325th Fighter Wing (325 FW)
- 325th Contracting Squadron (325 CONS)
- 601st Air Operations Center
- Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- 702nd Computer Systems Squadron (702 CSS)
- 823rd RED HORSE / Detachment 1
Tyndall is a large defense installation encompassing 128 miles of shoreline along the Gulf of Mexico. The base totals more than 17,000 acres of commercial forest. Situated on Tyndall are over 1,600 facilities valued at over $1.5 billion. Tyndall AFB provides support to more than 23,000 military (and their families), civilian personnel, and contractor personnel.
In October 2018, Hurricane Michael caused significant damage to Tyndall AFB. Reconstruction projects are now underway. Numerous employment opportunities with both government agencies and with private contractors will be created to help with this reconstruction. Prior to the hurricane, the annual economic impact of Tyndall AFB was estimated to be in excess of $605 million.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Tyndall AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: