Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Travis Air Force Base (AFB) California
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Travis Air Force Base (AFB) California. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Travis AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Travis AFB include:
- 60th Air Mobility Wing (60 AMW)
- 60th Medical Group
- David Grant Air Force Medical Center
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- 349th Air Mobility Wing (349 AMW) - AF Reserve Command
- 3rd Brigade, 91st Division - U.S. Army
- U.S. Navy Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron Three (VQ-3)
- 621st Contingency Response Group
Travis Air Force Base is home to two major airlift wings, the 60th Air Mobility Wing and the 349th Air Mobility Wing. The 60th Air Mobility Wing is the host unit for Travis AFB. Located on Travis AFB are nearly 50 partner organizations and military units. There are over 26,000 active duty military, reservists and civilian employees assigned to Travis AFB.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Travis Air Force Base California and at other Department of Defense installations: