Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Tinker Air Force Base (AFB) Oklahoma
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Tinker Air Force Base (AFB) Oklahoma. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Tinker AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Tinker AFB include:
- Air Force Sustainment Center (AFSC)
- Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex (OC-ALC)
- 72nd Air Base Wing (72 ABW)
- 72nd Medical Group - facilities and clinics (on-base)
- 507th Air Refueling Wing (507 ARW) - Air Force Reserve Command
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Defense Distribution Depot Oklahoma
- Defense Information Security Agency (DISA)
- Defense Enterprise Computing Center, Oklahoma City
- Air Force Flight Standards Agency (AFFSA)
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Distribution Center
- Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC)
- 448th Supply Chain Management Wing (488 SCMW)
- 552nd Air Control Wing (552 ACW)
The largest organization at Tinker AFB is the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex (OC-ALC). OC-ALC provides depot maintenance primarily for tanker and bomber aircraft. OC-ALC also maintains, repairs, and overhauls jet aircraft engines for the Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, the U.S. Navy, and for allied foreign air forces. Over 9,000 military and civilian personnel work at OC-ALC.
Tinker AFB has a combined total of 26,000 military and civilian employees. It is Oklahoma's single largest one-site employer. Tinker AFB has an estimated annual economic impact of more than $3.5 billion.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Tinker AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: