Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Sheppard Air Force Base (AFB) Texas
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Sheppard Air Force Base (AFB) Texas. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Sheppard AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Sheppard AFB include:
- 82nd Training Wing (82 TW)
- 82nd Medical Group (on-base medical facilities)
- 80th Flying Training Wing (80 FTW)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO)
There are over 12,500 military, civilian and contractor personnel assigned to this base. Over 60,000 students graduate annually from the combined 12,214 courses taught by all units at Sheppard AFB. The annual economic impact of Sheppard AFB is over $734 million.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Sheppard AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: