Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) South Carolina
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Shaw Air Force Base (AFB) South Carolina. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Shaw AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Shaw AFB include:
- 20th Fighter Wing (20th FW)
- Headquarters, Ninth Air Force (HQ 9th AF)
- U.S. Air Forces Central (USAFCENT)
- U.S. Army Central (USARCENT)
- Third Army
- Air Force Audit Agency (AFAA)
- 20th Medical Group
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Det. 2, 372nd Training Squadron
Shaw AFB has nearly 8,000 active duty military and federal civilian personnel. The base encompasses over 3,569 acres. The base also manages 12,500 acres of DoD property at Poinsett Electronic Combat Range Complex. The Poinsett range is located southwest of Shaw AFB.
On-base civil service jobs at Shaw AFB provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Shaw AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: