Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Seymour Johnson Air Force Base (AFB)
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base (AFB). There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Seymour Johnson AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Seymour Johnson AFB include:
- 4th Fighter Wing (4th FW)
- 4th Medical Group and on-base clinics
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- 916th Air Refueling Wing (916th ARW) Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC)
- 414th Fighter Group (414th FG) Air Force Reserve Associate unit
The 4th Fighter Wing has an annual operating and maintenance budget of $240 million. The wing depends upon supplies, parts, equipment, materiel, and services from private industry. It is estimated that Seymour Johnson AFB's contracting office annually awards and administers approximately $182 million in government contracts and procurements.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Seymour Johnson AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: