Civil Service Jobs & Employment - Joint Reserve Base (NAS JRB) New Orleans
How to Get a Civil Service Job at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base (NAS JRB) New Orleans. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at Joint Reserve Base New Orleans. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at Joint Reserve Base New Orleans include:
- 159th Fighter Wing - Louisiana Air National Guard (LAANG)
- Navy Air Logistics Office
- Navy Reserve Professional Development Center
- Military Entrance Processing Station
- Coast Guard Air Station - New Orleans (CGAS-New Orleans)
- Marine Air Group 49 Detachment C (DET C)
- Fleet Readiness Center Mid-Atlantic (FRCMA) at New Orleans
- Navy Operational Support Center (NOSC) New Orleans
- 377th Theater Sustainment Command (377th TSC)
- Medical facilities and clinics (on-base)
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Strike Fighter Squadron 204 (VFA-204) - U.S. Navy Reserve
- Reserve Force Squadron (VR-54) - U.S. Navy Reserve
NAS JRB New Orleans is home to Naval Reserve, Air National Guard, Army Reserve, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard units. At NAS JRB New Orleans is the Louisiana Air National Guard's 159th Fighter Wing. The 159th Fighter Wing, "the Bayou Militia,” maintains and flies both F-15C and F-15D Eagle jet aircraft.
Another unit stationed at this installation is Coast Guard Air Station - New Orleans (CGAS-New Orleans). CGAS-New Orleans flies the HH-65C twin turbine helicopter. Using the HH-65C, the Coast Guard supports homeland security, search and rescue operations, law enforcement duties, marine environmental protection, and providing aids to navigation.
Also located at NAS JRB New Orleans is Marine Air Group 49 Detachment C (DET C) is a U.S. Marine Corps aviation unit. MAG-49 Det C actively supports a number of military units from the Navy and Marine Corps. The Fleet Readiness Center Mid-Atlantic (FRCMA) - New Orleans has 58 work centers. It provides logistics, supply, and maintenance support for U.S. Navy and Marine Corps aircraft. NAS JRB New Orleans is home to the 377th Theater Sustainment Command (Army Reserve unit). The 377th Theater Sustainment Command provides the Army Reserve with trained and prepared military units and personnel.
Strike Fighter Squadron 204 flies the F/A-18 Hornet jet fighter aircraft. VFA-204 provides adversarial combat training support to the active duty Naval and Marine Corps fleets. VFA 204 maintains maximum mobilization readiness so it is immediately prepared for deployment.
On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at Joint Reserve Base New Orleans and at other Department of Defense installations: