Civil Service Jobs & Employment - MacDill Air Force Base (AFB) Florida
Civil Service Jobs and Employment at MacDill Air Force Base (AFB) Florida. There are numerous civilian employment opportunities at MacDill AFB. A few of the defense agencies now hiring (or projected to hire in the near-term) at MacDill AFB include:
- 6th Air Mobility Wing (AMW)
- 927th Air Refueling Wing (ARW)
- Medical facilities and on-base clinics
- Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) positions base-wide
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)
- Headquarters U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM)
- Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
- Marine Corps Forces Central Command (MARCENT)
- Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE)
MacDill Air Force Base is home to a number of important military command headquarters to include: U.S. Central Command, U.S. Special Operations Command, and Marine Corps Forces Central Command. MacDill is also home to the 6th Airlift Wing and the 927th Air Refueling Wing. MacDill AFB provides over $5 billion annually in economic impact to the Tampa, Florida area. MacDill has approximately $2.8 billion in base property and capital assets.
MacDill has 671 base facilities situated on a 5,700-acre installation. The annual operating budget for MacDill exceeds $250 million. On-base civil service jobs provide support services for Department of Defense (DoD) operations, training programs, military personnel and their families. Civilian job opportunities exist across a broad spectrum of skills and duties. Qualified U.S. citizens are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Categories of civilian jobs at MacDill AFB and at other Department of Defense installations: